Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Introductory Blog

Hello Class. My name is Farhan Younas and I am looking forward to an interesting semester with you guys for this spring. I am currently a sophomore here, pursuing a degree in accounting. In addition to my intended major, I try to follow the business and financial sector on a regular basis. Baruch has definitely made me motivated to learn and comprehend the business world.

I have been living in Upstate New York for about 16 years now. I have been commuting throughout my college career, and intend to continue the commute until I graduate. It really is about time management and organization. It takes me about an hour and a half one way. I am a big sports fan as well, especially baseball and basketball. Michael Jordan was, and still is, my favorite basketball player. I am a huge Yankee fan, and was glad that they finally brought the championship back to New York where it belongs.

Although I was born in New York, I follow another game called cricket. For those of you who haven't heard of cricket, it is a game similar to baseball played in Asia and Europe. There are 11 players on each side, and two batsman on each side of the wicket. Perhaps I'll write out the details in another post.

For this summer, I am trying to find an internship in an accounting firm. I am eager to learn the work, and definitely want a change from all of the retail/food jobs out there. Hopefully, all of the networking pays off.

Management is definitely a VITAL part of any business. I am looking forward to learning management and its theories throughout the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment